New Horizon Bank and COVID-19
A Message to Our Customers and Community
UPDATE: We have opened our Bank Lobby to customer traffic. When you plan to visit us, please keep the following in mind:
- Please don't come in if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms--Cough, Fever or Shortness of Breath--we will be glad to help you remotely
- Face coverings are required for entry--our staff will be wearing masks as they serve you
- Hand sanitizer is provided as you enter, please use it to help us keep the lobby safe for everyone
- Observe social distancing--there is signage to assist you and we have a staff member dedicated to direct you
- No physical contact--while we have missed seeing you, we have directed our staff to avoid physical contact including handshakes and hugs
At New Horizon Bank, the health and well-being of our customers, employees and community is our highest priority and we want to assure you that we are taking every precaution to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Our associates are following the latest CDC guidelines including, but not limited to:
- Frequently wiping down and/or disinfecting surfaces that our customers and/or employees come in contact with while visiting or working in our facilities.
- Making sure our staff wash their hands frequently and for at least 20 seconds or if soap and water are not readily available, to use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Limiting physical contact to those around us by eliminating handshakes and using social distancing when practical–at least 6 feet.
- Utilizing paid time off if they or someone in their family is sick.
The Board and Management have been monitoring the coronavirus situation and have worked through scenarios including Pandemic plans and procedures established to protect our customers, employees and community. In an effort to provide effective product and service delivery while balancing the health and safety of our community, we have made the decision to close our lobby effective Wednesday March 18thand will transition to conducting business via our drive thru. Lobby accessibility will be made available by appointment only. Additionally, our adjusted hours of operation will be Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Saturday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
During this time, please feel free to take advantage of New Horizon Bank’s digital resources including 24/7 account access by calling (877) 642-2447 for existing account information. You can also access your accounts online or by using our mobile banking app at your convenience where you can check balances, view your transactions, transfer funds, make payments and even deposit checks using our mobile app
If you have not enrolled in online banking, the current environment is a great time to get started. The service is free and it only takes a few minutes to do so. Simply visit our enrollment page or call (804) 598-9101 during the hours noted above and an associate will assist you.
If the coronavirus has impacted your business or your current employment, please contact your loan officer or the branch at (804) 598-9101. We want to hear from you, before problems begin, to come up with a solution to assist you as we work through this challenging time together.
Lastly, please be mindful that times like these bring out the criminals. You may receive unsolicited calls or emails asking you to confirm personal or financial information or requesting donations. Be very cautious and don’t give out any information unless you initiated the call. New Horizon Bank will never call you and ask for your account number, debit card number, passwords or PIN.
As always, we are here for our customers. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns at (804) 598-9101 or via email at CustomerService@NewHorizonBank.com.
For more information about COVID-19, visit the resources listed below.
Helpful Links to CDC Resources
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- What every American and community can do now to decrease the spread of the coronavirus
- Situation Summary
Questions About Your New Horizon Bank Loans?
We Have Answers.
Deborah F. Ellis
In an unprecedented time with constant changes to the economy, it is natural to have questions about your finances. If you have been impacted by COVID-19 and need financial assistance, contact one of our loan officers to see if we can help.